Here is ANOTHER baked chicken recipe. If you know me, I'm always thinking of new and different baked chicken recipes because I prefer to let the oven do the cooking rather than myself.
To be completely honest, I despise the taste of baked chicken...if all you're baking is just plain chicken. Even seasoned, it's still pretty tasteless. But if you drown it in enough good stuff (while still keeping it healthy, of course), well that changes everything.
This baked chicken is covered in tomatoes, whole grain croutons and two types of cheese. Definitely enough good stuff here to make baked chicken taste great. And it only takes 5 to get it ready for the oven. Can't beat that!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 15-19 oz. can seasoned diced tomatoes
2 tbsp. reduced fat parmesan
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 cup whole grain croutons, slightly crushed
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat a rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken breasts in baking dish.
3. In bowl combine diced tomatoes, croutons, Italian seasoning, minced garlic and salt. Pour over chicken.
4. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella. Place tin foil sprayed with cooking spray over baking dish to allow cheese to melt (make sure to spray foil to prevent cheese from sticking to it).
Calories 214, total fat 3g (sat. fat 0.8g), total carbs 10.5g, fibre 1.4g, sugar 3g, protein 32g
Weight Watchers Points: 4
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5