These little pancake bites are so awesome for many reasons:
- They're super easy to make. They only require a few ingredients and they happen to be ones that most people would typically have on hand.
- This recipe makes a personal serving and you can double or triple it for more servings. Making a huge recipe is so frustrating cause they never get finished and who wants leftover pancake batter or leftover pancakes.
- They contain whole grain carbs, protein from the egg and dairy and calcium from the yogurt. And if you add the banana then they also get the fruit to give your kids a perfectly balanced meal in the form of cute little bites.
- They're delicious. From all the moms I've given this recipe to, the most common thing I've heard back is "they inhaled the whole plate".
1 tbsp. whole wheat flour (1.5-2 tbsp. if using a very large egg)
1 tbsp. yogurt
1-2 tsp. pure maple syrup (optional)
Banana slices (optional)
1. Preheat non-stick skillet over low to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together all ingredients except banana slices. If you're using banana slices, add them to batter now and toss to coat but be careful not to break them.
3. When skillet is heated, add pancake batter using 1.5 tsp. per pancake or drop in batter coated banana slices. As soon as you see small bubbles forming at edges, flip pancake bites and let cook for another minute or so.